Opportunities to improve air quality through transportation pricing programs
Read Online
Share

Opportunities to improve air quality through transportation pricing programs

  • 416 Want to read
  • ·
  • 37 Currently reading

Published by U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Air and Radiation in [Washington, D.C.?] .
Written in English

Subjects:

  • Air quality management -- United States,
  • Transportation -- United States -- Planning,
  • Congestion pricing -- United States,
  • Transportation, Automotive -- Economic aspects -- United States,
  • Environmental protection -- United States -- Costs

Book details:

Edition Notes

StatementRegional and State Programs Division, Office of Mobile Sources, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency ; prepared by ICF Incorporated, with support from Apogee Research, Incorporated
ContributionsUnited States. Environmental Protection Agency. Office of Mobile Sources. Regional and State Programs Division, ICF Incorporated, Apogee Research, Inc
The Physical Object
Paginationiv, 130 p. :
Number of Pages130
ID Numbers
Open LibraryOL14478323M
OCLC/WorldCa37966565

Download Opportunities to improve air quality through transportation pricing programs

PDF EPUB FB2 MOBI RTF

Get this from a library! Opportunities to improve air quality through transportation pricing programs. [United States. Environmental Protection Agency. Office of Mobile Sources. Regional and State Programs Division.; ICF Incorporated.; Apogee Research, Inc.;]. Get this from a library! Opportunities to improve air quality through transportation pricing programs. [United States. Environmental Protection Agency. Office of Mobile Sources. Regional and State Programs Division,; ICF Incorporated.; Apogee Research, Inc.;]. Date: September, ; Document Number: N/A. Logging in to is temporarily disabled while new security policies are configured. OPPORTUNITIES TO IMPROVE AIR QUALITY THROUGH TRANSPORTATION PRICING PROGRAMS This document is intended to give state and local air quality and transportation planners, elected governmental officials, and other interested parties background information on transportation pricing programs.

Air Quality Program Book (Updated March ) Our mission is to improve air quality by ensuring that all CDOT projects and operations comply with federal and state air quality laws and regulations, and by promoting strategies that reduce emissions of motor vehicle pollutants. CDOT evaluates air quality impacts of its transportation. Specific ideas for getting encouraging health professionals to be role models on air quality include: Encourage colleagues to use public transportation, non-motorized transportation, and low-emission vehicles. Health professionals can serve as credible role models to families in the adoption of behaviors that improve children's health. Administered by the NYSDOT, these funds are made available to the State through the Transportation Alternatives Program (TAP) and the Congestion Mitigation and Air Quality Improvement Program (CMAQ). Combined, NYSDOT's TAP-CMAQ program provides reimbursement of up to 80 percent of project-related costs with the remaining 20 percent provided by project sponsors. The AASHTO Air Quality, Climate Change, and Energy Subcommittee provides a forum for peer-to-peer information sharing and review of best practices. The subcommittee also provides subject matter expertise in the development of AASHTO comments on proposed rulemaking including Air Quality conformity and modeling.

  CDC Recommendations for Improving Health through Transportation Policy Centers for Disease Control and Prevention 2 • Although using public transportation has historically been safer than highway travel in light duty vehicles, highway travel has grown more quickly than other modes of . External influences on EPA’s efforts to improve air quality and address climate change issues include the evolution of state and local transportation and energy-related policies and the impacts of a changing climate, such as changes in rainfall amount and intensity, shifting weather and seasonal patterns, and increases in flood plain. Air Quality Challenges and Opportunities TC News and updates Upcoming webinars •May 25 – Vanpool Program Update and Rider Interviews •June 22 – Putting Telework to Work for You •July 27 – Writing an Effective Clean Air Campaign Awards Entry Thank you for participating. MARC’s air quality program has a website dedicated to outreach and education. You can go to to learn about the causes of ozone pollution, individual and community solutions, and workplace tips. The site also provides the daily SkyCast, animated video shorts and .